Mark your calendar for the world’s most comprehensive hematology event of the year, the 60th ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition in sunny San Diego. The meeting will provide an invaluable educational experience and the opportunity to review thousands of scientific abstracts highlighting updates in the hottest topics in hematology. Network with top minds in the field and a global community of more than 25,000 hematology professionals from every subspecialty.
Visit the Exhibit Hall
San Diego Convention Center, Halls C-F and Lobby D Visit the state-of-the-art exhibit hall at the 2018 ASH Annual Meeting to see a showcase of the latest technology and research in hematology. The exhibit hall offers an opportunity to learn about a wide range of products and services offered by more than 250 exhibitors, including pharmaceutical companies, medical suppliers, publishers, nonprofit organizations, and clinical diagnostic and research-based companies.
Stop by the ASH Booth (#1215) to learn more about the Society’s products and services for hematologists at all career levels. ASH staff will be available at the booth to answer questions, provide information about ASH initiatives, assist with membership applications and renewals, and more. Don’t forget to ask about product discounts available exclusively at the annual meeting.
Need a new professional headshot? Get one for free at Headshot Alley. Pose for a headshot with a professional photographer and receive your photo via email for immediate downloading.
This service will be available in the exhibit hall Saturday through Monday during exhibit hours. Product Theaters
Product theaters at the ASH annual meeting feature exhibitor presentations on new research findings and products and are solely promotional in nature. Lunch is provided.
In 2018, product theaters will not be located in the exhibit hall. They will be located in meeting rooms on the upper level of the San Diego Convention Center.
Product theater sessions will be offered at the times listed below to small groups of up to 150 people. Check the annual meeting app for specific session information.
Product Theater Session Times
Saturday, December 1 11:30 a.m – 12:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 2 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Monday, December 3 12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
There is so much to experience in San Diego, the hardest part of planning a trip to “America’s Finest City” is deciding what to do, where to go, and what to see. San Diego has more than 300 days of sunshine per year and offers every kind of activity imaginable. You are sure to find a host of things to entertain and inspire in San Diego, including:
- More than 70 miles of Pacific Ocean beaches
- Balboa Park, the largest urban cultural park in the United States, which contains the world-famous San Diego Zoo, more than 15 museums, and a variety of gardens
- Old Town, considered the birthplace of California
- More than 100 dining options within walking distance from the convention center
Sessions will occur at the San Diego Convention Center, the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, and the Manchester Grand Hyatt. Key meeting areas at the San Diego Convention Center will be located as follows:
- Registration: Sails Pavilion, Upper Level
- ASH Central: Sails Pavilion, Upper Level
- General Sessions: Halls A-B, Ground Level
- Exhibit Hall: Halls C-F and Lobby D, Ground Level
- Poster Hall: Halls G-H, Ground Level
December in San Diego is typically quite pleasant, with warm and mildly humid weather. Temperatures in December typically range from 48 degrees Fahrenheit to 65 degrees Fahrenheit. Visitor Safety
To stay safe during your visit to San Diego, please follow the tips provided below:
- Remove your ASH meeting badge when exploring the city.
- Be aware of the train and trolley tracks across the street from the convention center. Be sure to stop and look both ways before crossing the street, and only cross if the tracks are clear.
- Always lock your front and/or patio doors. Use the safety chain/lock for security.
- Never open your room door unless you know who is there. If you did not call for the hotel service offered by the person at the door, call hotel security or the front desk to see if they have sent someone to your room.
- Place valuables in a safety deposit box in your room or at the hotel office. Do not leave valuables in your car.
- When checking into a hotel, consult the floor plan on the back of your room door to familiarize yourself with fire and emergency exits.